Welcome readers!

Hello readers, welcome to my blog The Elements of Teaching Science!

    My Name is Megan O'Leary and I'm a junior at Mount Saint Mary College. I am an Early childhood education major as well as an English major.

     I have created this blog for my science & technology methods course that I will be completing this semester with Dr. Smirnova. In this blog, I will be documenting my experience throughout the semester and my journey to learning how to effectively teach science. this semester will be an interesting experience learning remotely for the majority of my courses. Although I would love to be in a more traditional classroom setting the view of a zoom session on my laptop is becoming more normal. 

    I have successfully finished my first two weeks of the semester and have enjoyed my new courses. I have enjoyed the various uses of technology we are using in this course. We have completed Google Slides to introduce ourselves as well as group slides. In the slides we included our Bitmojis, I had seen teachers use this before and thought it was a very creative way of getting to know everyone. I am looking forward to continuing to use theses websites and tools to make fun and interactive remote learning experience!

autumn leaves fallling


Comments